Rant: Round the Twist / Children`s Programming | Sixty Second Review

Sixty Second Review

Short reviews on everything pop culture.

What we`re about

We`re here to offer you our honest opinion of the popular and not so popular medium that is television. Maybe you agree maybe you don't. Let us know via the comments.

Farewell Skins

Monday saw the final episode of Skins, read my review. What did you think about Season Two? Want to know if Skins has been renewed for a third season? What do we currently know about season three? Skins returns in early 2009!

Rant: Round the Twist / Children`s Programming

What has happened to great home grown Australian produced Children's Television? During one of my recent internet stumbles I was reminded of the original series Round the Twist which was one of my favourite shows growing up.

It had a four season run starting in 1989. I remember the actors changing a few times over the years, but the stories were original, extremely funny and children friendly.

The most memorable episodes would have to be: "Without my Pants" and "The Spaghetti Pigout".

Where have all the great Australian produced Children television shows gone? My generation grew up with such creative wonders. Looking at a TV Guide today and nothing even compares.

The Australian Government and Networks need to pour some more funding towards offering the children of today some decent entertainment.

Related Links: Youtube Clip of Without My Pants | Wikipedia | IMDB

0 comments:

Post a Comment